We are happy to announce that we are now a partner of Precision Hydration , giving all of our athletes a 15% discount from all of their hydration products and accessories!
Here's why tailoring your hydration to your own unique needs and the event you're training for is so important...
• Everyone loses a different amount of sodium in their sweat, from as little as 200mg per litre of sweat to as much as 2,000mg/l!. This is largely genetically determined. So, a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to hydration just doesn’t work.
• Maintaining the sodium levels in your blood is crucial to performing at your best, especially in hot conditions.
• Sodium helps you absorb and retain fluid, which keeps your blood volume up, reducing cardiovascular strain, fatigue and cramp.
• Most sports drinks and electrolyte supplements only contain 200-550mg of sodium per litre, but the average athlete loses about 950mg/l! So, you could be replacing less than half of the sodium you're losing in your sweat with your current supplement.
• Just drinking water when sweating over long periods dilutes your sodium levels, which can really impact your performance and could lead to hyponatremia.
Stay hydrated folks!